Skip to main content

WHAT HAVE CHANGED AFTER COMING HOME


After coming home many things have changed.

First of all, I myself have changed a lot. In fact, I can no longer see things the way I did before the study abroad experience. I met a lot of people from many different countries. We talked and shared experiences. We had the opportunity to talk about our culture to each other. We found out that we had much in common and at the same time a lot of cultural background differences.

The other important change was the process of readaptation to my country's reality. In the guest country I saw many beautiful things and experienced a different life style, with which I was not used (but got used fast). Here in my country, I had to face all the difficulties about money, housing and transportation. I also had to face the reality of a country full of corrupt politicians and haunted by the violence's ghost. But I also found that it's a beautiful country, full of beloved people and opportunities to be taken.

Now, I'm graduated in my course and I just wait for a calling to start my new job as an English teacher. I'm glad I had this great opportunity of studying abroad. I know that many Brazilians would like to have this chance and maybe they'll never have. I'm grateful to God and grateful to UFMG, CAPES, WAYNE STATE, and to all those who helped me to reach this goal in my life.

I'm different now and I don't want and cannot turn back to what I used to be. I need to go on climbing the mountain and I have to continue trying to reach the stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QUEM ERA JOÃO LUCIANO

Recentemente a FALE (Faculdade de Letras da UFMG) teve momentos de pânico e desespero quando um jovem em uma cadeira de rodas, exibindo um revólver, atirou contra o chão, contra um computador e finalmente contra sí próprio. O jovem rapaz veio a falecer no hospital um dia depois. Mas quem era esta pessoa que se foi, deixando tantas saudades naqueles que o conheciam bem? Naqueles que tiveram a honra de conviver com ele em outros momentos? Seria João um estranho, como os jornais buscaram retratá-lo? Seria ele um louco, um atirador e homicida? Não. João certamente não era um estranho, nem tampouco um assassino. Para nós que tivemos a honra de conviver com ele durante alguns anos, João sempre foi um grande amigo, uma pessoa alegre e extrovertida, sempre carinhoso e brincalhão. Por isso, foi com enorme choque que recebemos a notícia de que ele tivesse atirado contra alguém, e de que ele tivesse atirado contra si mesmo. Jamais imaginaríamos que ele chegasse a fazer...
I, at Belas Arts School 2002 

Wellcome to My Blog

Hello, dear friends. Wellcome to my blog. The purpose of this blog is to be used as a tool for the course Computer Assited Language Learning, ministred by Professor Vera Menezes. For the moment, I wish you all the good and I hope you enjoy the blog, the course, the term, etc. Hugs, Renato Frossard